The following article will run through the different options for Removing/Closing/Deleting your accounts from the full web application on desktop or from your mobile. We would recommend managing your account deletions from the web browser until more mobile options are available.
2. Understanding the account deletion options
3. Managing account deletions on Desktop (Web)
4. Managing account deletions on Mobile (iOS)
5. Managing account deletions on Mobile (Android)
Important to Note
Open Banking connected accounts
In order for an account that has been connected via Open Banking to be fully removed from the Dashboard you will first need to revoke access to it at the bank's site, otherwise it will keep being imported again on refresh.
Log in to your bank's site and check for the list of third parties you have granted permission to access via Open Banking. Revoke access for 'The One Place Capital Ltd' (this is the name of Money Dashboard's parent company).
Once this has been done, please log back in to your Money Dashboard Classic account and remove the specific account as before.
If your provider is Monzo or Starling, you would first need to remove your Saving Goals individually before you can access all three account deletion options on the web browser.
Understanding the account deletion options
Depending on how you want to manage the account, you have three options to hide or remove the old account. Our recommendation would be to use Mark as closed.
- Mark as closed (recommended): This will stop the selected account from continuing to refresh and the balance will be set to £0. Your historical transactions will be kept.
- Remove this account: All transactions, balance history and tagging will be permanently deleted from Money Dashboard Classic.
- Delete all linked accounts: This option permanently removes all accounts linked to a provider, along with all transactions, balance history and tagging information.