This article helps with explaining Offline Sources; what they are, what they do and how best to use them. Offline sources are our way of allowing you to add extra financial items to your Money Dashboard account so that you can become a money master. Want to add your mortgage? Got a cash lump sum you want to add? Well this is how you do it.
So what's all the fuss about?
Well let me tell you. Here at Money Dashboard we want to put you in control of your money. Now we know that wealth isnt all about current accounts and credit cards. Offline sources allow us to add information to our Money Dashboard accounts that is either from:
- Unsupported accounts such as mortgages, loans and investments
- Accounts that don't have an online banking facility
- Cash in Hand
- Private Loans/Debts
- The value of assets
So how do I add transactions to an offline account?
Well you've got us there. So the software ninjas are looking to add a feature that would allow you to manually add transactions. At the moment if you the value of an offline source changes you need to edit yourself. We're working on it!
Creating a new Offline Sources account
Adding a new offline source is really easy whichever platform you are on:
- Go to your accounts page
- Select Add an account
- In the search bar search ' Offline Sources'
- Insert the Name and the value.
Edit the value of an Offline Source
Editing the value of an offline source is easy.
- Go in to your accounts page
- Find your offline source
- Click the refresh button
- Enter the new Balance
Now, you will see a pop up that asks you to insert authentication (like if you had multi-factor authentication). Please Ignore This. The reason this appears is because we treat your offline source like a dummy bank account. We are looking into ways of being able to rectify this incorrect pop messaging and apologies for any confusion caused.
Editing other Offline Source information
You can also edit the other information assoicated with your offline account such as name, colour and account type.
- On desktop go to your account page. Select the 3 dots next to the value of your account and select edit account.
- On mobile go to your accounts page. Click on the account and select edit account.
Please note you can only designate offline sources as current, savings or other.
Adding a credit card as an offline source
If you want to add a credit card that we dont have a provider there are a couple of things to note.
- Enter the value of the credit card as a negative amount
- Change the account type to Other
Do you want the Offline Sources included in your overall Balance
It is important to say that you can do this for any account. So you might add your mortgage as an offline source. Now including this in your overall balance from your account will constantly skew it to something that isnt really representative of how you are doing. To help you out we allow you stop including it in total balances. To do this
- Go to the accounts page
- Go to the account you want to remove
- Select edit account
- Untick 'Include in total balances'
- All accounts that arent included will have an eye with a line through them.