1. Why use the 'Split Transactions' feature?
2. How to Split Transactions on Web (Desktop)
3. How to Split Transactions on Mobile (iOS only)
Why use the 'Split Transactions' feature?
Split transactions can help you keep on top of your spend. Currently the 'Split Transaction' feature is only available on Web and iOS.
- Balance your books: if you pay & then get money back from friends / flatmate/ partner for example, if you pay for a bill & they pay you back if you don't split the original transaction it will look like you are paying more than you actually do in your reports
- Keep track of your cash spending: if you take cash out you will just see the ATM withdrawal - as you spend your cash, you can split the original ATM transaction & tag the cash spend e.g. a £100 ATM withdrawal which is automatically tagged as enjoyment might actually be: £40 groceries, £30 haircut, £20 transport and £10 on lunch.
- Get more detailed reporting: Sometimes you might be spending at one merchant but for things you want to track separately e.g. you might split a £70 shop at Sainsburys into £50 groceries & £20 alcohol.
How to Split Transactions on Web (Desktop)
How to Split Transactions on Mobile (iOS only)
Find out how to use split transaction to deal with transfers or savings and then get money back from friends / flatmate/ partner.