First Direct have migrated all of their users over to a Secure Key only login (Strong Customer Authentication - SCA), and have withdrawn support for the Password login as of 14th September 2019. See more information about this at the First Direct site here: https://www1.firstdirect.com/help/secure-key/
For now you will now only be able to connect your First Direct accounts to Money Dashboard using the Secure Key login. Unfortunately this also means that it will no longer be possible for the accounts to automatically refresh, and you will need to generate a new Secure Key code every time you need to update the accounts.
We appreciate that this change will become time-consuming and inconvenient. To mitigate this we will providing connections to First Direct using the new Open Banking APIs once the banks provide full APIs.
Connecting to First Direct with Secure Key
- Enter your username and the memorable answer to your normal login question.
- There is only one memorable question/answer for the First Direct web login process, and it will be the same each time. Although you may have set up other memorable questions/answers with First Direct they are not used in the login process and are for the purposes of confirming your identity with FD if you forget your login details.
- Select 'Yes' in the Secure Key dropdown. Leave the Password field blank.
- Click/tap 'Connect to First Direct'
- You will be prompted for the Security Code generated by your Secure Key device or Digital Secure Key on the First Direct mobile app once your username has been verified.
- Enter your security code and continue
- Details on how to generate your security code below:
Generating your Security Code on a physical Secure Key device
- On your secure key device, press and hold down the green bottom right hand corner button to turn it on.
- Enter your secure key PIN
- With 'HELLO' displayed on the screen, press the green bottom right hand corner button. This will generate a Security Code.
Generating your Security Code on a Digital Secure Key app
- Open the First Direct mobile app and select 'Generate Security Code'
- Enter your Digital Secure Key password and select 'Generate'
- This will generate a Security Code.
Please also be aware that there is a 90 second limit for entering your secure key code starting from when the prompt appears in the progress bar at the top of the screen.