If something looks a bit wrong with your figures there’s normally two reasons:
- You are missing an account: You can ensure you’re getting the full picture of your spend by connecting all your accounts to Money Dashboard.
- Your transactions might be incorrectly tagged: Our tagging engine automagically categorises as much of your spending as it can. However, because it doesn’t know you yet it might get some things wrong.
- For example, the engine probably won’t know to begin with that your local shop called “Tasty Buns” is where you buy your coffees so all those daily flat whites will come up as “untagged”. Other examples might be if you buy your lunch meal-deal from ‘Boots’ it will be classified as “appearance”
- Luckily, our engine can get to know you! You just need to give it a few pointers. You can reassign tags to your transactions & let the engine know if that should be the default tag.
Once you’ve updated your accounts & tags you can generate an updated view of your spend report simply by clicking on the “view report” button on your dashboard.
Other things to be aware of
This is a new beta feature we are trying out. It's still a work in progress so please bear with us as! We'd love to know what you think. Please note:
- All your connected accounts are considered
- Spend from the current month is not considered, the data is based on complete calendar months only
- If you have a new account, or your bank does not provide historic data the view of merchant spend will still be considered over a 12 month period