This page shows you how to deal with credit card repayments to ensure that they dont get double counted. This is a simple fix and is similiar to the solution for Transfers
Transactions made on the credit card itself should have the appropriate spend tags applied as normal (eg, Supermarket, Fuel, etc). As with excluding transfers you can then use check boxes in the Spend by Category settings option to exclude the Repayments category. This will prevent the credit card repayment transactions being double-counted along with the actual purchases made on the credit card.
- The first thing is that you need to ensure the outgoing and incoming transactions on a credit card repayment transfer have a tag from the Repayments category applied. In this instance we would recommend applying either the 2nd level 'Credit Card' tag or even a 3rd level 'Credit Card Payment' or 'Credit Card Repayment' sub tags.
- Then go to your dashboard and look for the Spend by Category chart (usually a Pie Chart)
- Select the cog icon.
- Deselect the credit card option
- This way only the credit card repayments will be excluded from the chart and any other repayment transactions will remain.
- If you have any other types repayments these will still be part of the charts.