This article is specific to Nationwide customers. We have included recent events that might have been affecting your Money Dashboard Service. For longer term issues we are working with Nationwide to try and improve the connection between us, we will try and keep you updated through twitter and through any tickets you have raised to support.
- Recent Things to Note
- Long-term issues
- Adding new nationwide accounts
- Missing transactions for accounts connected through Open Banking
Recent Things To Note
26th September 2019: Known bank issue with transactions not being returned correctly and is under escalation with Nationwide.
20th October 2019: Nationwide's fix forecast for 12th November 2019. For further explanation see here
Long Term Issues
Adding new Nationwide accounts
As of 1st September 2019 it is only possible to add new Nationwide accounts to Money Dashboard using the new Open Banking APIs. If you added your Nationwide accounts to the Dashboard before this date using the older credentials sharing option you will still be able to refresh the existing accounts with this method, but it is no longer possible to add new accounts this way. If you are having problems refreshing your existing accounts not connected via Open Banking see here.
Missing accounts transactions for my Nationwide Open Banking connected accounts
Who is impacted
If you SWITCHED your Nationwide accounts to Open Banking or added a NEW account via Open Banking you may experience this issue. The issue is most likely to affect Credit Cards and secondary current accounts. The issue does not affect all accounts.
What you are seeing
The balance displayed on your account connected to Money Dashboard will be correct, however:
- You may be missing transactions
- Your balance history graph and spend charts including this account may be inaccurate
Nationwide now only allow you to connect certain accounts through Open Banking. You can see these here. You can still connect new accounts however you will not be able to see the 'Switch to Open Banking' option next to your nationwide accounts on your Accounts tab in the app.
Do not add new accounts via Open Banking if you already have that account connected in Money Dashboard, please wait for the switch service to be re-enabled (which we will do once the Nationwide issue has been resolved).
There are a few scenarios outline below so please select the one that applies to you.
1. Did you add a new current account after the 1st September ? This means you did it through Open Banking. If you have missing transactions then you can just delete your provider account and re-add it. This should give you 15 months of Historic Data.
2. Did you add a new Credit Card after the 1st September? This means you did it through Open Banking. If you have missing transactions then you can just delete your provider account however you cannot re-add it until Nationwide have fixed the issue (12th November). Please message support at email@example.com explaining this siutation and we will message you when the fix happens.
3. If you selected the 'Switch to Open Banking' button for your current account or credit card and are missing some transactions do not delete the account. Please follow the these steps:
A. Message support at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the impacted account e.g.“Nationwide Credit Card” and the last 3 digits of the account number “XXX123
B. Support will not be able to immediately resolve the issue, however once a fix is in place our support team will refresh data for all Nationwide Open Banking connected Accounts which should resolve your issue.