This article answers common questions, explain error messages and provide you with quick fixes. We’ve also curated a collection of links to get you more information for specific issues.
1. D-Codes and Errors by Provider
3. Do I have the right provider category?
4. Am I entering the right credentials?
6. Is my account type supported?
7. I have connected this account before and the issue is coming up when I try to connect the same account on another Money Dashboard Classic account
8. Everything Alright with my Provider?
D-Codes and Errors by Provider
There are 3 key categories of error.
- D Errors: These codes come up on your page when you have been unsuccessful in adding an account. To help you understand what the error could be we have created a list of D-code articles, just click here
- General Issues: Are you using the right memorable word? Is your account type supported? These will be touched on below.
- By Specific Provider: Do you bank with HSBC, Santander, Barclays, Nationwide, Lloyds, Halifax, Bank of Scotland or First Direct or other bigger providers? There are provider specific articles, simply search our Help Centre / Answer Bot again with your provider's name.
Can’t see your provider?
To see which providers are currently supported on Money Dashboard Classic, access the list here. You will also be to submit a provider request via the same link.
Do you have the right provider category?
Does your provider have multiple types of login options on Money Dashboard Classic? You’ll see these when you select your provider. Examples of these include Personal Banking, Business Banking or Credit Cards.
Ensure that you have selected the right type of account. Providers with Open Bank API for certain account types are supported but if you are unable to see certain accounts this is due to Open Bank API not being available yet. For more information: Problems migrating my accounts to Open Bank API
Are you entering the right credentials?
A large number of our Help request is due to credentials not being correctly entered. Please do try again and ensure that you have keyed in your security credentials correctly. It is also worth logging in to your bank provider's site directly first, subsequently, copy and paste these credential details onto Money Dashboard Classic.
If you can’t remember your login details you need to contact your provider, although we’d love to help we don't have access to that information.
Concurrent Sessions Error
If you are still logged in to your bank's online banking this can cause problems connecting your bank account to Money Dashboard Classic. Please ensure you have logged out from both your bank's mobile app and website before attempting again after 30 minutes.
Is your account type supported?
If you are unable to find certain bank account types after selecting your provider, this means that it is currently not supported. Not all account types come under the PSD2 (the legislation requiring banks to make your account information more accessible to you). Hence, only certain types of accounts are made available to connect on Money Dashboard Classic as we move towards Open Bank API. We will continue to provide connections to as many types of accounts as possible, opening up new Open Banking API connections as soon as they are available. You can find the latest connections and upcoming connections in the following articles:
Unsupported and Upcoming Providers
What Open Banking connections are available & what you need to do
I have connected this account before and the issue is coming up when I try to connect the same account on another Money Dashboard Classic account
If you are trying to connect the account more than once on Money Dashboard (for example, you have multiple Money Dashboard Classic accounts/your partner also has access to your bank account), this is currently not supported.The connection will only be successful for the latest/most recent account you are adding against and this will cause the previously connected account to be disconnected.
Everything Alright with your Provider?
If you bank with bigger providers such as HSBC, Santander, Barclays, Nationwide, Lloyds, Halifax, Bank of Scotland etc. please search for your specific provider again - [provider name] - Important to note and Updates.
You can also check each provider's status on our status page here.