This article is to help people who are seeing Duplicate transactions and how we can deal with them. There are some other similiar articles so please make sure this is the correct one for you.
- Did you get duplicates after switching to Open Banking? Then you need to go here
- If you have a full duplicate account after switching to Open Banking you need to click here
- Otherwise you are in the right place.
Why this happens!
The way we show your transaction data on Money Dashboard is through our provider Yodlee. The vast majority of transaction data is returned correctly but there are a couple of scenarios where duplication can occasionally occur. These are:
- Sometimes banks may make changes to transaction descriptions between pending and cleared status (in some cases this is a small change such as an extra comma or space). Occasionally this can cause the system to incorrectly identify a transaction as two separate items leading to duplication.
- In other instances the bank may make a change to their site layout or the way they present the transaction data, and this can also cause Yodlee to incorrectly return duplicates. We are working with Yodlee to try and reduce the instances of this occurring, and apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.
What you need to do!
Please contact support at email@example.com with the following information if you are suffering from duplicates.
- A few examples of the duplication including date, amount and description, and indicate which specific bank account they belong to.