We are aware of an intermittent issue with Open Banking connected Nationwide Current Accounts and Credit Cards where the authentication process succeeds but an error at Nationwide is preventing the transaction data from being returned.
What does this mean?
The balance displayed on your account connected to Money Dashboard will be correct, however:
- You may be missing transactions
- Your balance history graph and spend charts including this account may be inaccurate
Who is impacted
If you SWITCHED your Nationwide accounts to Open Banking or added a NEW account via Open Banking you may experience this issue.
The issue is most likely to affect Credit Cards and secondary current accounts.
The issue does not affect all accounts.
What have we done?
We have been working hard to try and resolve the issue, however the root cause identified has been a break in the API provided by Nationwide. The issue has been escalated with both the bank and the FCA. The bank had previously provided a fix date of November 12th 2019, but we're afraid that their attempted fix was not successful, and has unfortunately uncovered further issues. We have again escalated this with Nationwide and the FCA, and are awaiting more information from them on their next steps for a fix.
In the interim we are continuing to explore if there is anything we can do on our systems to resolve the issue.
Nationwide no longer provide access for new connections to their accounts via credential sharing which means the only new connections available are via their Open Banking APIs.
You will still be able to connect new accounts during this period however we will not be providing a “switch to Open Banking” service for accounts already connected.
If you SWITCHED your Current Account or Credit Card and identify that it was impacted by the issue (i.e. you have missing transactions) please do not delete it as you may lose historic data from your account.
- Raise a ticket to support with the name of the account impacted e.g. “Nationwide Credit Card” and the last 3 digits of the account number “XXX123”
- Support will not be able to immediately resolve the issue, however once a fix is in place our support team will refresh data for all Nationwide Open Banking connected Accounts which should resolve your issue
- Do not add new accounts via Open Banking if you already have that account connected in Money Dashboard, please wait for the switch service to be re-enabled (which we will do once the Nationwide issue has been resolved).
Please keep an eye on twitter for updates & we will keep you updated with any progress.