We are aware of an intermittent issue with Open Banking connected Nationwide Current Accounts and Credit Cards where the authentication process succeeds but an error at Nationwide is preventing the transaction data from being returned.
What does this mean?
The balance displayed on your account connected to Money Dashboard will be correct, however:
- You may be missing transactions
- Your balance history graph and spend charts including this account may be inaccurate
Who is impacted
The issue is most likely to affect Credit Cards and secondary current accounts.
The issue does not affect all accounts.
What are we doing?
We have been working hard to try and resolve the issue, however the root cause identified has been a break in the API provided by Nationwide. The issue has been escalated with both the bank and the FCA and are awaiting more information from them on their next steps for a fix.
In the interim we are continuing to explore if there is anything we can do on our systems to resolve the issue.
The response from Nationwide regarding the breaks with their API have been disappointing (see example of a public tweet below).
We are continuing to escalate this matter and will provide updates as soon as a fix has been provided.
If you switched your Current Account or Credit Card and identify that it was impacted by the issue (i.e. you have missing transactions) please do not delete it as you may lose historic data from your account.
- Raise a ticket to support with the name of the account impacted e.g. “Nationwide Credit Card” and the last 3 digits of the account number “XXX123”
- Support will not be able to immediately resolve the issue, however once a fix is in place our support team will refresh data for all Nationwide Open Banking connected Accounts which should resolve your issue
- Do not add new accounts via Open Banking if you already have that account connected in Money Dashboard, please wait for the switch service to be re-enabled (which we will do once the Nationwide issue has been resolved).
Please keep an eye on twitter for updates & we will keep you updated with any progress.