We have added a range of features to make customising your tags as simple as possible. This page goes through how to add or edit the tag assigned to a transaction and how to set up a similiar tag for future transactions. We will go through adding/editting one transaction and then multiple transactions.
- Add or edit a Tag on a Single Transaction
- Edit the tags on multiple transactions at once
- The 'tagging similar transactions' option
- Something's Gone Wrong?
Add or edit a tag on a single transaction
To add or edit a tag an older transaction:
- Go to the transactions page on your dashboard
- Search for the transaction you want
- Hover over the transaction with your mouse
- You will notice that an arrow appears over the transaction amount
- Click on the arrow
- A dialogue box will appear with information about the transaction in it
- Select the tag section
- The tagging dialogue box will appear
- Select the tag you want and you're good to go
Add or Edit Multiple transaction Tags at once?
To edit multiple transaction tags at once we’ve added a handy tool.
- Go on to your Transactions page on your dashboard.
- Look at the picture above and select the edit tool (circled in red)
- Look to the top of your screen
- To select all transactions select the hollow square
- To choose a few transactions, go to the transaction you want to edit.
- You will see where the Bank or merchant logo should be a box will appear, click on it
- Once you have selected all the transactions look at the top of the page, and select edit transactions
- A dialogue box will open (see Below).
- Select the tag you want to give all the transactions
- Tick the Tag similar transactions option to have purcahses like this automatically tagged in the future
- Click Save
Tagging Similar Transactions
To avoid you having to repeat yourself we have added the Tag Similar Transactions Option. When you click this our software ninjas check all the transaction information against other transactions you’ve made (and will make). When it finds one that it thinks is similar it will give it the same tag as you gave the original. What this means for you is that you will have less untagged transactions in the future.
Each time you select this option this will be stored as a tagging rule. We have an article on that here
Something's Gone Wrong?
For any other issues when using your tags, you can find Help articles on common problems and solutions regarding Tags here.