This article provides detailed information for refreshing existing connected NatWest accounts and how to update your credentials on the web application (Desktop) and mobile application (iOS/Android).
1. Why isn’t my NatWest Open Banking account refreshing?
Accounts that are linked to Money Dashboard using the Open Banking API are automatically refreshed every 4 hours. However, in some cases you may still need to manually refresh the accounts to either get the very latest transactions, or if the accounts have been unable to update automatically due to the bank’s API being temporarily unavailable.
If you refresh your Open Banking connected accounts but still find that transactions and balance data are not being updated, or if you are receiving a #D413 error message, then this suggests that there is an authentication issue at the bank’s site.
To address this please:
- Go to the Add Accounts list and select the NatWest Open Banking login form.
- Follow the bank’s login and authentication instructions, and when presented with the list of available accounts reselect all the accounts you want to connect to Money Dashboard and complete the process.
- Do not select the Update Credentials option. This will only work for accounts that aren’t connected via Open Banking.
Although this is going through the add process again, what in fact will happen is the existing accounts on the Dashboard will be re-authenticated, rather than new duplicate instances of the accounts being imported.
Please contact support if you still have problems refreshing after trying this.
2. Why isn’t my NatWest account refreshing
If you have problems refreshing your existing NatWest accounts (not connected using Open Banking) please see here for further advice depending on what error code is being returned. If you are need to re-enter your login details follow the steps below to update your credentials.