This is a page for all you need to know about Custom tagging. We will cover how to add,edit and delete a custom tag, how to put them at different levels and how to manage them. There are 2 ways to add a custom Tag, one is better for managing and the other for adding.
What is a custom Tag?
So you may have decided that all the tags we have don't quick fit your needs. Well not to worry you can add custom tags and they can be used in a similiar way to the 'System tags' (the tags that we already add to the system). Now there are 2 methods for adding a Custom Tag (Look at the picture below). You also can't name a custom tag the same name that we have given a system tag.
Now remember when we talked about The Importance of Tagging Levels well this is where it comes in to play. So as a general rule:
- If you want to create a custom tag for a specific transaction use the create a tag option.
- If you want to move your custom tag or create custom tags more generally please use the edit tag option
Using the Create Tag Option
IMPORTANT. You have to be careful where you select the create tag option. Thre reason for this is because the tag will be created and placed within the level you are looking at. If that doesnt make sense I have added some pictures below to help explain. Lets say you wanted to add a custom tag called 'Money Dashboard' (Who would have thought) and you think this comes under the level 1 tag Enjoyment. You need to click the arrow next to enjoyment (to get to the associated level 2 tags) and then select create a tag. I have also provided instructions below
For your custom tag you need to decide:
- The tag name - Remember that you can’t give a custom tag a name that we have already created
- Tag Location: Is this tag Top Level (Level 1), level 2 or level 3?
- Move to Top level: This allows you to make this a Level 1 tag with 1-click
- Tag Icon: what image do you want to give the tag
- Tag colour: Select your color
Using the Edit Tags Option (Manage Tags)
The Edit Tags Option allows you a bit more control. You can:
- Move your custom tags to new locations
- Create multiple custom tags at once
- Have a wider view of your custom tags
This will take you to the Manage Tags Page. The extra features available here are
- Search: Search for a tag by name
- 3rd Level Tags on: Decide how detailed you want your view to be
- Add Custom Tag: An alternative way to add a custom tag
How to add
Let's do an example. I want to add a level 3 tag called HelpDesk within the Level 2 tag called 'Money Dashboard Tag' we added in the Create Tag explanation
- Step 1: I select the Level 1 tag enjoyment
- Step 2: I find the tag ‘Money Dashboard’ and then click on that
- Step 3: Within Level 3 click ‘Add custom tag’
- Step 4: Fill out the form
- Step 5: Click save
The link to these pictures is https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Aa-xev6tMSpudK89E5xXZvwGJMS0g9fH
Moving a Tag
System tags are the tags that we have already created. You cannot move any system tags. You are able to move custom tags that you have made by dragging and dropping them wherever you like. ‘
Deleting a Tag
At the moment You cant delete any type of tags whether they are system tags or custom tags