In some cases you might want to change the description of a transaction. This might make it easier to search or just make it easier for you to recognise. The good news is this is really easy to do. There is a way for editting single transaction descriptions and editting multiple transaction descriptions simultaneously.
Changing a single Transaction Description
This is really as simple as clicking on the description and typing what you would like to call the transaction into the text box.
- Go to the transactions tab
- Search for the transaction you would like to edit (either by scrolling or with the search filters)
- Click on the description you want to change
- A text box will come up where you can edit the text you want
- Type what you like and then click anywhere else
Changing multiple descriptions
So this is where things get more interesting. To make this easier we have added a handy tool to help you out. This is exactly the same way as you edit multiple tags at once
To edit multiple transaction descriptions at once we’ve added a handy tool.
- Go on to your Transactions page on your dashboard.
- Look at the picture above and select the edit tool (circled in red)
- Look to the top of your screen
- To select all transactions select the hollow square
- To choose a few transactions, go to the transaction description you want to edit.
- You will see where the Bank or merchant logo should be a box will appear, click on it
- Once you have selected all the transactions look at the top of the page, and select edit transactions
- A dialogue box will open (see Above). Change the description name if you want
- Tick the Tag similar transactions option to have purcahses like this automatically tagged in the future
- Click Save